Wednesday 28 November 2012

Stamping and Sponging: Starry Blue Nail Art

Seeing as this blog is looking a little bit bare I thought I would repost my first proper Nail Art post which I had originally posted on my Personal Blog. Wow, How many times can I say 'post' in a sentence? Word of warning, the image quality of these pictures is shocking because I haven't discovered the best way to photograph my nails yet. I'm working on that though!

These are the polish's I used for this manicure:
From Left to Right: Miss Sporty Lasting Colour in Hypnotic Turquoise, Miss Sporty Clubbing Colours in Pop Fiction, Barry M Blue Moon, Miss Sporty Top Coat, Konad Special Polish in White and Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Maximum Growth!

Here's the finished manicure:





I always start with a base of Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails Maximum Growth, this is to keep my nail strong as they are prone to flaking and splitting! Then I used 3 coats of Barry M, Blue Moon as a base colour. Then I found an old makeup sponge in my bag and decided to attempt some sponging. I started off with the Hypnotic Turquoise by Miss Sporty and could have stopped there but I wanted to add a little more to it. So I took Pop Fiction and attempted to sponge it only onto the tips, but I managed to mess that up so it ended up being sponged over the entire nail, although I could still see the turquoise underneath! If you try out sponging for yourself be prepared to get it all over your skin, this is easily remedied with a cotton bud dipped in nail polish remover. I could have left it at that but the manicure reminded me of Galaxy style manicures that are popular at the moment so I decided to add some stars. I used my Konad Stamping Kit and image plate M3 to create a curved starry image on the edge of my nails. To clean up I simply go over the edges with a cotton bud dipped in remover, and then finished it off with a top coat!

So there is my most recently posted manicure. You can find several horrific Blackberry pictures of my Nail Art over on my Twitter so be sure to check that out!

  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there my sweet smelling rose petal!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. Feel free to leave me a comment, I read every single one!

Have a good day xxx